Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hallelujah

Praise the lord! says Kingley as he enter's my house. Kingsley had returned from the Divine retreat at Potta. As he came in he started to converse with the rest of us, giving us gyan that we are missing something in our life because we most of us dont go to the church or pray. Alreich reads the bible but gave up going to the church because he thinks whatever the prient in the church talks about he already knows. Charlie goes to the Church at most 2 times a year. Last year he went 3 times. He met with an accident and was lucky to have been alive. He wanted to thank god. After that he returned to his normal self. I on the other hand must have gone to the temple maybe 2-3 times last year on my own free will. I think I also went to the church once. Now does that mean we are unholy people?

The existance of God/Supreme spirit has been a very widely debated topic. A number of books have been written for and against the existance of God. However no one has yet reached any conclusive statement proving the existance or absence of God.Yashvant once asked me, if whatever happens is for your own good, that would mean that God does whatever s/he wants without consulting you. So then why should you go to the temple/church/mosque and pray. Anyway nothing will happen what you want. Well laid out point it would seem. And I would agree to the same. I guess that's the reason I dont go so often to the temple. But there are times I do go, and that also with my own free will. Question would be why do I go?

I believe in my own God. I dont think I have to go to visit God to pray or seek blessings. I have God with me whereever I go. I believe s/he is my best friend and I can go to him/her whenever I feel uneasy. Last year I had a very uneasy year. I found myself going to earlier self, to my God, asking questions. I found I didnt get answers to my questions. But I did find some solace in talking to someone when I had none around to talk to. Now that would bring about another point. I remember God when I need him/her. Well that is true, to a large extend in my case. Is that fair? I dont know. Sometimes I think its not fair. And that's the time I go to the temple to pay my homage. Hasn't happened too many times in my past few years of existance.

As a child, my parents took me to temples and told me God is the all knowing and all mighty. I should bow down and show respect. Somehow I dont agree to the idea of bowing down and respecting. I like to respect by meeting eye to eye and saying I love you. I go to the temple look at the idol and say thank you god for being with me. Ofcourse I do fold my hands and say thank you. I guess I like that idea of folding hands and saying thank you to God.

What makes me wonder is if all religions say all God's are one, why is there a fight on the name of religion? Why should matrimonials between religions should be such a big problem. I know of a Hindu lady who will go the cross at Miramar and pray for the health and well being of the family, but ask her to keep a Christian maid in the house to help her with the daily chores, she was dead against it. Finally after a lot of persuasion, she agreed on trying out the christian girl and endedd liking her so much that she wanted her to stay long after the girl wanted to go to her native.

Most of my friends I would say believe in God. I think they like me believe in Supreme Spirit rather. Supreme spirit does not interfere in our lifes but I can feel that there is some power somewhere around us or in us, which makes us think and do things the way do. I dont think I can define the existance of such a think. I guess that why I can call it God. God - undefined supernatural power. Even scientist have called unexplained material God's Particle.

All I can say, Hallelujah!!! Praise the Lord!!!

3 comments:

Prasanna said...

Interesting.

Deeply Philosophical post .Quite out of place in a blog that was introduced to me as a travel diary

Keep going dude.Will come back soon

Brinda Krishnan said...

Philosophy ... Nice. Makes me want to blog now.

Tabs said...

Yogi Paresh-anand...
Aap aur Aapki satya vaani

I opine with ur philosophy tat God is omnipotent but we still try to bribe him in our needy times by paying Him a homage.The bribe has worked its magic many a times for me though... Isn't God laalchi???
Any enlightening thoughts on this Mr.Yogi...