Monday, July 20, 2009

16 days to my engagement

Days 17, 18 and 19 went by with Brinda. Friday we went for a movie which was a drag. The movie started half hour late and went on for 2 hours, after which we got out to find our bike punctured. Fixing it took more than an hour thanks to the super busy mechanic. With no dinning place open at 12:30 in the night, we had to go home, where my sweet babe made some rotis and and sabji. I was forced to spend the night at her place. I pretended to complain but I was happy. Afterall, I was tired. Went to sleep like a log. Next morning, I was asked a dreaded question, which every man hates. "Which earring should I wear" says she, looking at me. We were going out to check out the menu for our engagement lunch. Thankfully, she picked the one I liked. Evening, I had organized a party for my colleagues at my new place. That's where I surprised everyone by announcing my engagement date. The only person to get shocked was my manager. Poor fellow did not expect this. Was funny to see his face. Others were expecting some thing, but not so soon.
Sunday went by sleeping the whole day. I was thinking of reasons why I love Brinda. Here I attempt to list the top 5
1. She is very understanding. I can see the changes that were sometime ago were difficult to imagine. I can see that she understands what I want and tries to fulfil my desires. I don't think anyone ever did that for me.
2. She makes me feel loved and special. I get showered with feelings I have never known before. The way she will make me feel, I have never felt before.
3. She is intelligent.
4. I like the way she gelled with Adi and his wife when we went to Coorg. I have some very good friends and it is very important to me, that she is well accepted and she accepts them. Made me feel so good.
5. She is not shy and does not hide what she feels. Being direct helps me understand her better. Atleast I am not left guessing what she is thinking.
6. She makes yummy cheese paratha and nice rotis.
7. She is beautiful.


I think I am going to keep this a running list.

1 comment:

Brinda Krishnan said...

He he he.. My darling bandar... u know exactly how to make my day. Love ya tons and tons more than u actually know.
Phss... the post needs editing, grammer and spelling. SHhh