Wednesday, July 15, 2009

21 days to my engagement

I am getting engaged to this beautiful crazy woman, Brinda. After much deliberations and fights I finally gave in and agreed to get engaged this year and married the next. Today is 21 days to my engagement. I am unaffected by the thought. This generally happens to me. I don't feel the shock until much later. Last time I had this kind of feeling was when I lost my brand new laptop. Not lost, stolen, the laptop was stolen. I didnt know what hit me. I was unaffected. Just like today. Only after some days did I realise I had lost Rs. 40K. That was a while back, I got over the loss, and I got the laptop back, but that is another story. Today's story is I am getting engaged and I have 21 days left for it.

I get a call in the morning as I was waiting for Divya (not the one I am going to marry), to come pick me up to go to the office. It was from Brinda (the one I am going to marry). She said she will come over to pick me up. I was stunned for a moment. She said she was missing me. We had not spoken last night, which has become a ritual now. I was tired from staying up late nights doing some work at office. Slept a long night, lasted 11 hours. I am proud of my achievement. 35 minutes later she shows up at my doorstep, and gives me a big hug and squeezes the air out of me. I am left breathless.

We have to finalize where the engagement will be. But first we have to finalize who we have to call. Should we call our colleagues, is the first question. After all if we don't call, we have to treat them anyways. Keeping in mind that her colleagues and mine are not the same, we might have to give double parties. That means kharcha. Double kharcha. Why not keep it to minimal by inviting them to the engagement and having the engagement in some hall.

Which hall to book? Will be the next question. I dont care is my answer. why this? I don't know. I just don't care. I just want it to happen and get over with it. Not because I am not bothered, but because the reality has not yet hit me. I am yet to feel the loss of bachelor hood and achievement of commitment. I know it will come. It will come slowly and will hit me on my face like a wave. I am just hoping it will be a cool breeze of air and not a rude shock.

Brinda has been very good to me today. I am being showered with love, unexperienced before and I am loving it. Seems like the shock will be a pleasant breeze of air after all.

1 comment:

Brinda Krishnan said...

Awwwwww I am so so so damn touched. I love u love u love Oh Yes! I do. Muah